The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) generally requires an out-of-state vehicle for planned use in California to be registered within 20 days of entering the state.
To register an out-of-state vehicle in California, you will need:
- Your out-of-state title or current registration card
- Application for Title or Registration (REG 343)
- Verification of Vehicle (REG 31) which must be completed by the DMV, CHP, or a licensed Vehicle Verifier
You may also need:
- Smog Certification depending on the county (If your residence county requires smog certifications, the inspection will apply to all vehicles except diesel powered vehicles 1997 year model and older or with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVWR) of more than 14,000 lbs, electric, natural gas powered vehicles over 14,000 lbs, motorcycles, trailers, or gasoline powered vehicles 1975 and older.
- Weight Certificate (May be required for commercial vehicles, including pickups)
Totally Notary and Vehicle Registration Service is licensed, bonded and contracted with the DMV to provide vehicle titling services and is also a licensed, bonded Vehicle Verifier. Vehicle Verification and Registration transactions are processed on site at the Totally Notary office in downtown Pleasanton. Registration transactions are processed in real time and when complete, you’ll be issued plates, tags and a California registration card on the spot. No need to wait in line at the DMV.
Not sure how much you will owe? Totally Notary can run your VIN so you’ll know before you come. Totally Notary Vehicle Registration Service is open seven days a week. Walk-ins are welcome. After hour appointments are available during processing hours, up to 10:00 pm daily. Cash, cashier check, and Credit/Debit cards accepted. Credit/Debit cards subject to a 3% processing fee. Sorry, no personal checks.
©2018 Totally Notary All Rights Reserved